How Do I Get Full Custody of My Child? 

When you are going through a divorce, one of the first questions that you should ask yourself is, “how do I get full custody of my child?” Usually, if you are seeking custody of your child, you must provide evidence to the court that you are the best parent for your child. You should also have documented evidence of your relationship with your child. The best way to present this evidence is to show how good your relationship is with your child and how well you can provide a stable home for your child.

(Visit our website to know more about us:

Legal custody 

You may have questions about how to get legal custody of a child. There are a variety of factors to consider. One of the most important is the child’s best interests. If both parents disagree on this, the court may award the non-custodial parent sole legal custody. If the parents cannot agree on who has the child, the court will consider all of the circumstances. This can include a history of violent behavior, drug or alcohol abuse, and a dangerous living situation. In some cases, it may be possible to obtain sole legal custody of the child, but that is rare. 

Parenting time 

If you want to win the right to full custody of a child, you need to know how to prepare yourself for court. The right family law attorney will help you determine which legal avenues to pursue to ensure that your child gets to be with you as much as possible. In most cases, shared parenting is the best option, as it gives both parents physical custody and equal access to the decision-making process. It’s also a good idea to seek help from an attorney before you file any paperwork in court. 

Extraordinary circumstances 

It is possible to obtain full custody of a child when a parent’s behaviors are detrimental to the child’s well-being. But certain requirements must be met before a court will grant full custody to a non-parent. These conditions are often referred to as “extraordinary circumstances” and require a parent to show that the situation is truly out of character. These circumstances can include things such as domestic violence or incarceration, or even the child’s abandonment for over two years. 


If you and your ex-spouse cannot agree on the custody of your children, you must file a petition for modification with the court. The court will determine whether there has been a change of circumstances. The court will also determine if the custody change is in the child’s best interests. The process may be complicated, so be prepared to spend some time preparing the necessary paperwork. In most cases, it will take a few weeks to complete the custody modification process. 

Filing to terminate the other parent’s rights 

If you’re thinking about filing to terminate the other parent’s rights to gain full custody of your child, there are a few things you should know. First of all, you should be sure to seek legal counsel. It can be complicated, but it’s not impossible. A qualified local child custody attorney can help you navigate the legal system. After all, you’re making the biggest decision in your child’s life.