How to Get Full Custody of Your Unborn Child?

Whether you are planning on adopting or are an unwed father, there are some steps you can take to get full custody of your unborn child. In order to do so, you will need to legally establish the paternity of the child. In some states, you will even be able to object to the mother’s adoption plan. 

(Searching in Google “attorneys near me family law“? Contact us today!)

One of the best ways to establish paternity is through a genetic test. This test can be ordered by a court. However, you will need to get the mother’s permission to view her medical records. This is a particularly complicated procedure, so you may want to hire an attorney to help you through it. 

Another way to determine paternity is to file a declaration of paternity. This declaration is filed with the state’s Department of Child Support Services. This is a good way to get your name on the birth certificate, as well as establish parental rights and responsibilities. You can also petition a court for custody and visitation. However, if you are considering adoption, you may want to do this as early as possible. This way, you will have the chance to bond with the child before he is born. 

If you want to get full custody of your unborn child, you need to show the court that you are a reliable and loving parent. The court may even consider whether or not you can provide a safe home for the child.