How to Get Hearsay Into a Family Law Case 

Hearing from an eyewitness is one of the most common forms of hearsay used in a family law case. The process can be complicated, but there are a few things you can do to make it as admissible as possible. One common method is to use a statement made against your interests. Another method is to use public records. These two methods can help you get hearsay into your family law case, which is an important step if you need to use it in your case. 

(Searching for “Missoula attorney“? Visit our website!)

Statement against interest 

You may be wondering how to get a statement against interest (CIS) in a family law case. Despite its name, this document is not easy to write. There are some steps you should take to ensure that yours comes out correctly. First, you must determine if the statement you are seeking is true. Generally, a statement must be true to be admissible. If it is not true, the statement may expose you to liability, and jeopardize your financial and ownership interests. 

Public Records 

If you are involved in a family law case, you may have questions about how to get public records admitted into evidence. If your case involves child support, you should first determine whether the information contained in the records can be used to enforce the child support obligation. Texas is a member of the federal child support enforcement program, so your state must include family violence indicators in your pleadings. In these cases, the court can use the publicly available information to prove your child’s paternity. 

If you have a minor child, you can request that your final orders specify his or her name, age, and sex. Additionally, you will have to specify both parents’ social security numbers, driver’s license numbers, and other personal information. You may want to redact certain personal information to protect your child from unwanted attention. In most cases, you can have your attorney redact this information, but you should be aware that this is only possible if you have an attorney who can explain the laws and procedures to you.