Will Family Court Know I Have a Warrant For Child Support? 

If you have a warrant for child support, you must notify your family court. You may be arrested if you appear in court for the case for which you have warrants. If you fail to appear in court for a warrant, you may face penalties, such as jail time and a hefty fine. You may want to consult an attorney to help you resolve the situation. They can negotiate with the other side to get you the order you need.

(How much does a divorce attorney cost? Contact us today to know more.)

Taking physical custody of a child 

If you are wondering, “Is it possible to take physical custody of a child when I have a warrant?”, then you are in luck. There are several legal methods you can use to take physical custody of a child. These methods involve a process called a warrant application. The petitioner must meet certain criteria to qualify. If they are found to be at risk of serious harm or removal from the state, they may be eligible for a warrant. 

Having a warrant issued for child support 

The question of how to get out of jail when a warrant is issued for non-payment of child support may be troubling for any parent. Child support warrants are issued when non-custodial parents fail to show up for court dates or comply with court orders. If a child support warrant is issued for non-payment, you are at risk of getting arrested for contempt of court. The best way to avoid jail time is to show up for the hearing and bring evidence to back your case. 

Notifying family court of a warrant to modify an order 

In order to serve a petition to modify an order, you must serve it first with a copy of the current order and an order to appear. You can either serve it in person with a private process server or send it via certified mail with return receipt requested. Although certified mail is cheaper, it is not guaranteed that the recipient parent will accept the envelope. In addition, temporary orders often require that the order to appear be served no more than a specified number of days before the hearing. In many cases, this window is very tight, so it is recommended to use a professional process server. 

Penalties for failing to appear on a bench warrant 

There are several consequences of failing to appear on a bench warrant in a family court case. Failure to appear on a bench warrant can result in a criminal contempt charge. If you do not appear in court on the date and time stated in the warrant, you may be arrested. A good criminal defense attorney will fight this charge in court and try to reduce the penalty. You can also use an attorney to plea bargain with the judge. 

Finding out if you have a warrant 

Before you can proceed with a case, you should find out whether you have a warrant against you. You might be surprised to know that probation has the power to request a bench warrant against you, especially if you are trying to get your court order modified. Luckily, there are a few ways to find out if you have a warrant before family court. You can call the courthouse and ask a security guard for help.